Air humidification in shopping centres.
An increasing number of customers enjoy shopping experiences in a pleasant and comfortable atmosphere . Optimum air humidity significantly contributes to an enjoyable atmospheric environment which can lead to customers staying longer. It also makes people feel more active and stay motivated longer.
Did you know that...
- When entering a shop or changing room, electrostatic charges can cause unpleasant electric shocks. The reason for this is often a low level of relative air humidity (less than 50%). Regulating the air humidity provides a solution to this issue as humidified air conducts currents faster, meaning that surfaces are not left loaded at high voltage.
- Hygroscopic products such as foodstuffs, paper, stationery, furniture and musical instruments quickly replace moisture with their surroundings. They therefore require corresponding regulation of air humidity in order to maintain their freshness, quality and function.
- Can create comfort zones to increase customer satisfaction
- Reduces the risk of staff sick leave due to a healthier environment
- Quality assurance increases because sensitive products are protected
- Protects against electrostatic discharge
- Highly energy efficient when air conditioning different rooms
- Increases the property value and attractiveness for commercial tenants
When air-conditioning shopping centres, individual shops and stores often require the control of air humidification systems to meet their own distinct requirements. Different climate zones must therefore be created to meet each store’s operational standards and needs. For example, an electrical store often requires a different operating temperature when compared to a food shop offering fresh fruit and vegetables. To provide an optimal climate to both businesses, a high energy transfer is necessary. Adiabatic air humidification systems provide an energy-efficient solution that can significantly reduce the operational costs of a commercial building. Operational and miscellaneous costs are an important consideration when renting commercial space. Having an efficient property that uses resources sustainably can make it more attractive to new tenants.
Here is an overview of the advantages of air humidification in shopping centres: